Reflecting on a Season of Impact
Nomi Health is built upon the simple idea that everyone deserves easy access to high-quality, low-cost healthcare. As a collective, each team member across the nation moves with the intention of giving back to positively impact their local communities.
We are presented with a unique opportunity to ensure that investing in our local communities is in our foundation. Nomi Health team members across the nation have opportunities to give back and positively impact their local communities.
“Volunteering at Guadalupe School was the highlight of the holiday season. It’s so important to get out of the office walls and do something meaningful.” -Amanda Tyler, Director of Internal Experience and Events
Nomi teammates across the country participated in various give back volunteer events in six communities that included:
· Austin, TX: Two volunteer groups prepared baked goods and breakfast for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
· Miami, FL: Nomi sponsored and participated in Special OlympicsFlorida’s Race for Inclusion.
· Omaha, NE: Volunteers served lunch at the Siena Francis House, Nebraska’s largest service provider for individuals experiencing homelessness.
· Phoenix, AZ: Volunteers shopped for the holidays with families impacted by the criminal justice system.
· Salt Lake City, UT: Volunteers organized and participated in a holiday cookie decorating activity with 170 after school students at Guadalupe School, a school serving Salt Lake City’s diverse community through education from prenatal through K-6, and adult learning education.
· Tulsa, OK: Volunteers worked a shift at the Iron Gate, Tulsa’s largest stand-alone soup kitchen and grocery pantry.
With 67 volunteers, we collectively contributed 175 hours to our nonprofit partners in the month of December.
In addition to volunteering, we also collected monetary and in-kind donations for the Ronald McDonald House. Nomi matched all donations, and we are excited to announce that we raised just over $2,000 for a worthy cause.
With over double the engagement from last year’s event, we’re excited to build off this momentum as we head into 2024. Thank you to our teammates who made this possible and to our nonprofit partners for making our communities a better place every day.
“I like to give back personally as much as I can, but it means so much to do it as a company. Making a collective impact with coworkers and spreading joy in our community is so important.” -Riley Hein, Graphic Designer